2. Plan. Plan out your work day and stick to it (check off accomplished tasks as you go.) Use TASKPAD for this purpose.
3. Prioritize. Rank your tasks in terms of priority and align them with your job demands, your goals and management by objectives (MBOs).
4. Be effective. It's not a race. Don't try to be the most efficient; try to be the most effective.
5. Focus. Focus on the 'vital few' rather than on the 'vital many'. Your mobile games can wait.
6. Finish the job. Develop your 'finishing instinct' - when you get to a task, complete it no matter what. Simply defined as commitment.
7. Stop procrastinating. Most people tend to tackle easy tasks first and push out the difficult ones - don't fall into this trap!. Don't delay important tasks.
8. Stay organized. Once you get organized, stay organized.
In summary, learned several new ways to become more organized and efficient with your time.
Some of the steps were to declutter your life and plan how you are going to do things. From there it is good to prioritize. If you have your priorities in order it will be easier to move on to the next step and be effective.
Being effective means not focusing on how others are doing things, go your own pace that works best for you to get things done. Once you know how to be effective you can focus on that so that the job stays at a manageable level.
Now that your task is effectively planned and focus on it is important to finish it.
Don’t procrastinate and favor tasks that seem easier they all need to be done. If you can manage using these techniques you just need to keep them in motion to stay organized.